vilken är bäst boken eller filmen?

39 members have voted

1. 1. vilken är bäst boken eller filmen?

• Boken
    • Filmen
    • lika bra

Rekommenderade inlägg

• Svar 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hade under min frånvaro kommit på att jag måste fråga de som vet lite närmare varför ohlmarks översättning har blivit så kritiserad. upptäcker att detta inte alls behövs. tack! får nog ta och skaffa en engelsk upplaga snart. verkar som det förekommer en del mystiskheter i den svenska. måste bara säga att i mitt fylke finns inga hober, bara hobbitar!

hade under min frånvaro kommit på att jag måste fråga de som vet lite närmare varför ohlmarks översättning har blivit så kritiserad. upptäcker att detta inte alls behövs. tack! får nog ta och skaffa en engelsk upplaga snart. verkar som det förekommer en del mystiskheter i den svenska. måste bara säga att i mitt fylke finns inga hober, bara hobbitar!

Det finns en översättningsanalys från institutionen för lingvistik, Lunds universitet, på adress http://hem.passagen.se/wizard_of_illusion/...lateanalys.html. Läs gärna den.

Dewil

• Filmstar

Det här går lite off-topic nu, men nästan hela tråden har varit det så det spelar väl ingen roll?

Här är lite om vad Tolkien tyckte om Ohlmarks och hans översättning för den som vill veta;

Tolkien skrev: "Ohlmarks is a very vain man (as I discovered in our correspondence), preferring his own fancy to facts, and very ready to pretend to knowledge which he does not possess."

Tolkien om översättningen och Ohlmarks:

"Sweden. The enclosure that you brought from Almqvist &c. was both puzzling and irritating. A letter in Swedish from fil. dr. Åke Ohlmarks, and a huge list (9 pages foolscap) of names in the L.R. which he had altered. I hope that my inadequate knowledge of Swedish - no better than my kn. of Dutch, but I possess a v. much better Dutch dictionary! - tends to exaggerate the impression I received. The impression remains, nonetheless, that Dr Ohlmarks is a conceited person, less competent than charming Max Schuchart, though he thinks much better of himself. In the course of his letter he lectures me on the character of the Swedish language and its antipathy to borrowing foreign words (a matter which seems beside the point), a procedure made all the more ridiculous by the language of his letter, more than 1/3 of which consists of 'loan-words' from German, French and Latin: thriller-genre being a good specimen of good old pure Swedish.

I find this procedure puzzling, because the letter and the list seem totally pointless unless my opinion and criticism is invited. But if this is its object, then surely the timing is both unpractical and impolite, presented together with a pistol: 'we are going to start the composition now'. Neither is my convenience consulted: the communication comes out of the blue in the second most busy academic week of the year. I have had to sit up far into the night even to survey the list. Conceding the legitimacy or necessity of translation (which I do not, except in a limited degree), the translation does not seem to me to exhibit much skill, and contains a fair number of positive errors.* Even if excusable, in view of the difficulty of the material, I think this regrettable, & they could have been avoided by earlier consultation. It seems to me fairly evident that Dr. O. has stumbled along dealing with things as he came to them, without much care for the future or co-ordination, and that he has not read the Appendices at all, in watch he would have found many answers .....

I do hope that it can be arranged, if and when any further translations are negotiated, that I should be consulted at an early stage - without frightening a shy bird off the eggs. After all, I charge nothing, and can save a translator a good deal of time and puzzling; and if consulted at an early stage my remarks will appear far less in the light of peevish criticisms.

*For example: Ford of Bruinen = Björnavad! Archet = Gamleby (a mere guess, I suppose, from 'archaic'?) Mountains of Lune (Ered Luin) = Månbergen; Gladden Fields (in spite of descr. in 1. 62) = Ljusa slättema, & so on."

Tolkien om en del av översättningen:

"In translating vol. i p.12, 'they seldom wore shoes, since their feet had though leathery soles and were clad in a thick curling hair, much like the hair of their heads', he read the text as'. . . their feet had thick feathery soles, and they were clad in a thick curling hair. . .'and so produces in his Introduction a picture of hobbits whose outdoor garb was of matted hair, while under their feet they had solid feather-cushion treads! This is made doubly absurd, since it occurs in a passage where he is suggesting that the hobbits are modelled on the inhabitants of the idyllic suburb of Headington."

Ohlmarks diktade dessutom upp konstiga historier om Tolkien och meningen i hans böcker

Ohlmarks om Tolkien: "There are reminiscences of journeys on foot in his own youth up into the Welsh border-region."

Tolkien svarar: "As Bilbo said to the dwarves, he seems to know as much of my private pantries as I do myself. Or pretends to. I never walked in Wales or the marches in my youth. Why should I be made an object of fiction while still alive?"

Ohlmarks: "The professor began by telling tales about it [Middle-earth] to his children, then to his grandchildren; and they were fascinated and clamoured for more and still more. One can clearly see before one the fireside evenings in the peaceful villa out at Sandfield Road in Headington near Oxford .... with the Barrowdowns or Headington Hills in the rear and the Misty Mountains or the 560 feet high Shotover in the background."

Tolkien svarade: "!!This is such outrageous nonsense that I should suspect mockery, if I did not observe that O. is ever ready to assume intimate knowledge that he has not got. I have only two grandchildren. One 18 who first heard of the books 5 years ago. The other is 2. The book was written before I moved to Headington, which has no hills, but is on a shoulder (as it were) of Shotover."

Ohlmarks: "One of his most important writings, published in 1953, also treats of another famous homecoming, 'The Homecoming of Beorhtnot, [sic] Beorthhelm's son.'"

Tolkien: "Coming home dead without a head (as Beorhtnoth did) is not very delightful. But this is spoof. O. knows nothing about Beorhtnoth, or his homecoming (never mentioned till I wrote a poem about it) and he has not seen the poem. I do not blame him, except for writing as if he knew."

Min favorit:

Ohlmarks: "The Ring is in a certain way 'der Nibelungen Ring'. . . ."

Tolkien: "Both rings were round, and there the resemblance ceases."

Liten intressant notis:

Tolkien: "As for 'Fornost', a glance at the book would show that it is comparable rather to the Kings' mounds at Old Uppsala than to the city of Leeds!"

Förresten så undrar jag om någon av er har en bild på doktor Ohlmarks. Har aldrig sett honom.

• Filmstar
Någon sa tidigare här på iråden att i den nyaste upplagan av sagan om ringen så är det Eowyn som dödar Nazgulen, tyvärr stämmer inte detta. Jag har den nyaste upplagan och det är samma idiotiska fel där.

Det här är någonting som vissa av de svenska fansen som bara har läst böckerna kommer att undra när de får se RotK. Säkert kommer frågan komma upp flera gånger:

Peter Jackson har ju gjort om det! Det är Merry som dödar nazgulen!

Jag gillar inte att folk ska gå omkring och tro på det. Dåligt Ohlmarks.

Någon sa tidigare här på iråden att i den nyaste upplagan av sagan om ringen så är det Eowyn som dödar Nazgulen, tyvärr stämmer inte detta. Jag har den nyaste upplagan och det är samma idiotiska fel där.

det var jag som sa det och det stämmer också, men bara på vissa upplagor verkar det som. kollade det senast i söndags i en bokhandel och då visade det sig att om man köper senaste fetingvarianten, hela triologin i samma bok, med illustrationer lite här och där och som har bilder från filmen som omslag, då får man felet igen.

om man däremot införskaffar den senaste upplagan med tecknade bilder på framsidan (vet ej vem som tecknat) och böckerna var och en för sig (alltså TRE böcker) är det rätt översatt.

båda upplagorna var från 2002 så jag vet inte varför det är såhär.

9172632208.jpg

den rättöversatta upplagan.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Om man älskar böckerna, är man i regel småskeptisk åt filmerna som jag då.

Ser bara filmerna, som god underhållning och ögongodis inte som något försök att göra böckerna rättvisa, för det går nämligen inte. Böckerna spelar i en helt annan dimension än filmerna.

Tänk så här: Om böckerna är Serie A, så är filmerna gärdsgårdsserien i Norra Västra Götaland, typ

Delta i diskussionen

Du kan svara nu och bli medlem senare. Om du är medlem, logga in för att svara med ditt användarnamn.
Notera: Din post kommer granskas av en moderator innan den blir synlig för andra.

Svara...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa nytt...